Pau Aguiló was born in Mallorca in August 2002 into a family with a very personal relationship with art. He grew up in a small forest on the outskirts of Algaida, a town in the interior of the island. There, with no more contact with the world than a few illustrated books and films on historical themes, Pau developed a passion for drawing as a game. To this day, the use of imagination, the countryside and historical elements continue to be pillars of his work to which many others have been added throughout his life.
After a period in the city of Palma between the ages of ten and fifteen, he developed an interest in urban life and traded his pencils for cans of graffiti. Before finishing that, he went to a remote town in Ireland where he spent a year rediscovering his passion for fine arts. Today he lives and works in London where this year he finished his degree in "fine arts" at the Camberwell University of Arts of London".
World building and a fascination with human societies make Aguilo´s work mix into a surrealist look at an aesthetic and conceptual level, yet, hiding a severe critic and acknowledgement to human traces. History, films, illustrations, paintings and other elements make up some of his inspirations narrative and looking-wise.
Raised in the countryside of Mallorca Pau developed a great interest in the relation of humans and nature. Interest evolved when he moved to Palma, the largest city on the island. Its narrow streets, balconies and people greatly inspired him to the point of him contributing by doing street art from twelve years old to fifthteen when he moved to Ireland for one year.
Today, there is still a remnant of all these elements which now melt with a growing interest in cutting edge technology such AI and the impact this will have on human nature.
EXHIBITION / PUBLICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Xhibit (New bond street) 2022 Group exhibition
- Mixing it up(APT Gallery) London Group exhibition 2021
- OJR & PARSLEY- video commission https://www.instagram.com/oliverjuliusross/ https://www.parsleypalette.com/ 2020
- Artdemossa- Valldemossa July 2019 Collective exhibition
- Spaidart Gallery- Felanitx 1 June - 30 June 2019 Solo exhibition
- Nit de l’art 2018 (night of the art) — Palma de Mallorca September 2018 Collective exhibition
- Magazine HILO Illustration “tower under attack” —Bilbao Edition 2012 :
www.anti-web.com Chosen drawing from the online gallery the kids gallery. http://thekidsartgallery.com/pau/paintings created by Fernando Guillén
- The Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow-Portfolio Development Summer School July 2019
- IES Josep Maria Llompart, Palma de Mallorca— Artistic Bachelor Course 2018-2019
- Largy College, Clones, Co, Monaghan, Ireland— fourth year of secondary school abroad Course 2017-2018
- Colegio Sant Josep Obrer— Palma de Mallorca Primary and secondary school Course 2008-2016